Televero Health Medication Guidelines and Prescribing Practices
Please review these guidelines so you understand our prescribing practices guidelines for non-controlled medication prescribing:
- At your appointment, you will receive non-controlled prescriptions which will last for 28 days with or without 1 or 2 refills.
- Request medication refills from your clinician at the beginning of each appointment. Confirm your preferred pharmacy. Refill may take 2 to 3 days.
- Schedule your regular follow-up appointments to get refills as advised by your clinician at the end of your session.
- Changing to a new medication can only be done by scheduling a new appointment
- Check your medication bottle for refills. Call your pharmacy, before calling your Televero Health clinician for a refill you thought was done in session. New refills cannot be accessed using an old bottle number. Your pharmacy will have a record of new refills.
Controlled medications include stimulants for ADHD, anti-anxiety, and sleep medications, other narcotics. It is extremely important that you following our general guidelines and those listed below
- A urine drug screen is initially required for controlled medications and are often required as intervals as specified by your clinician.
- You must consult with your doctor prior to making any dose adjustments.
- All control medications are initially prescribed for 28 days
- Schedule a follow-up appointment for three weeks after your initial prescription.
- Once you are stable on a controlled medication, we can order refills monthly and over time may be able to move to refills every two months
- You must have an office visit every three months for us to continue prescribing all controlled medications.
- You must take your controlled medications responsibly, as directed.
- You must take protective measures so that all your medications are not given to others, are lost, or stolen
- If you run out of a controlled medication you will need to speak with our triage nurse who will consult with your clinician about refill.
- You will be charged $100.00 fee for any early refill of any controlled medication.
Please reach out to our team via phone at (512) 956-5003, or click here to send us a note through our website.